Packed with antioxidants, boosts immunity, and mood improving properties, it’s no wonder the popularity of taking mushroom complex supplements have increased rapidly. With countless studies demonstrating how powerful mushroom extracts are and their ability to provide supercharged benefits. The question we are left with, is, does mushroom complex work? Will it deliver optimal results, and could there be possible side effects you need to remain mindful of? These questions and more will be answered in today’s blog post, so stick around to find out more.
What is mushroom complex?
Mushroom complex is a natural blend of various mushroom extracts. They are often blended into powder form and introduced into a daily diet due to the impressive health benefits. There is often a vast collection of mushrooms extracts included, such as shiitake, chaga, reishi, and cordyceps to name some of the most popular. The main reason these mushrooms are combined is the complimentary benefits, and the fact they are each able to boost the complex results. Here are some examples of what each of these mushrooms can do, and the benefits they are able to provide.
- Known as the mushroom of immortality
- Contains anti-inflammatory properties
- Packed with antioxidants to protect the body from free radical damage
- Helps to boost immunity
- Reduces stress and signs of depression
- Helps to improve sleep and lessen the feeling of fatigue
- One of the most popular mushroom extracts with a long, ancient history
- Boosts healthy immunity and its ability to function
- Contains the highest amounts of antioxidants
- Natural energy booster and athletic performance
- Can help protect the body against conditions such as asthma, diabetes, and high cholesterol
- Combat symptoms of fatigue, anxiety, and depression
- Helps to reduce inflammation and combats oxidised stress in the body
- Boosts immunity and its ability to function
- Boost cognitive function and memory
- Encourages new nerve cells to develop and repair
- Packed with anti-viral, antioxidant, and anti-fungal
- Can boost polysaccharides, terpenoids, sterols, and lipids which all contribute to anti-cancer effects, as well as lowering cholesterol and boosting immunity
There are over 10,000 different types of mushrooms available, so the extracts mentioned are examples of the most popular found in most of the mushroom complex blends and similar products.
How long does it take for mushroom supplements to work?
First and foremost, it is important to understand that it may be some time before you notice the effects. Medical mushrooms will take the minimum of two weeks to have any effect on the body. This can only be achieved if you consistently take the mushroom complex every day throughout your daily diet. It is also recommended to give yourself a week’s break every four to six months to allow the body to reset and prepare to fully benefit from the mushroom supplement.
Another factor to take into consideration is the formula of the mushroom complex. It is very common for brands to use ingredients called “fillers” to pack a formulation with to boost the volume but results in the product being less effective and will take longer than 2 weeks to deliver results. It is always important to look at the ingredients list on your supplements to ensure you are using a potent formula.
Does mushroom extract cure HPV?
Yes, it is known that mushroom extracts, especially reishi mushrooms, can cure HPV rapidly. Having said that, there is often no symptoms of you contracting the virus and you will often find it will disappear on its own accord. By introducing a mushroom extract into your supplement routine will also not guarantee you avoid becoming infected with HPV.
If you are wanting to know an effective and quick method of treating HPV, I suggest consulting with your doctor, or a medical professional find the best products with the most effective results.
How long does it take for reishi mushroom to work?
As I have, I already mentioned, it takes some time to notice the results of mushroom supplements, usually after 2 weeks you’ll begin to see improvements in your health and wellbeing. For many users, they have described how once the body has become accustomed to the mushroom, and any similar supplement, they feel the positive effects much sooner.
Are mushroom extracts good for you?
Absolutely! With each mushroom extract providing different effects and properties to the body, you will experience a considerable improvement in how you feel in your overall general health. Some of the benefits you can expect to see are.
- Increased energy and stamina
- Improved muscle recovery time
- Boost in immunity function and support
- Improvement of heart health
- Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties
- Reduction in brain fog and improved concentration
- Increased cognitive development
These are just some of the most common benefits experienced by those who take mushroom complex. As mentioned already, the variety of mushrooms is extensive and determining the benefits of each one is an impossible task. Don’t forget that if you have any concerns with introducing a supplement into your routine, you must first consult with a doctor to ensure it is the right product for you and your needs.
Are mushroom powders safe?
Yes and no, this is due to the sheer volume of different fungi specimens available making it extremely difficult to determine one that is safe and no that isn’t. The easiest way to find the safest form is by opting for a product containing the highest quality extracts with a certification of being a food grade standard and safe to consume. For any other natural extracts or powders that do not have safety labelling I would strongly suggest you avoid these at all costs.
Do mushroom supplements make you sleepy?
Yes, some mushroom supplements can make you feel sleepy. This is very much dependant on which type of mushroom is included in the formulation and its effects on the body. Reishi, for example, can make you feel drowsy, this compared to other extracts, such as cordyceps, which works as a natural energy booster. If you are wanting to take mushroom complex to aid sleep, be sure to do your research and opt for the blend containing the most suitable extracts to aid sleep.
There you have a little more information about mushroom complex and how they work for the body, don’t forget to come, and find us on Instagram for more!